FACTORS TO CAUSE THE DEBONDING
Tile absorption should be tested before tiling in order to choose the right adhesive.
- An easy way to test tiles absorption is to drop little amount of water on the tile back.
- If water is absorbed quite quickly, the tile is considered to be normal absorbent type.
- If water is still on tile back and takes time to be absorbed, the tile is considered to be low-absorbent type.
- If water is always on tile back without any absorption, the tile is considered to be non-absorbent type.
Tiles can be differentiated according to their water absorption into 3 types as follow:
- Absorbent tile: absorbent value more than 3% e.g. ceramic tile
- Low-absorbent tile: absorbent value between 0.5 - 3% e.g. homogeneous tile, granite tile
- Non-absorbent tile: absorbent value less than 0.5% e.g. rustic tile, glass mosaics, resin mosaic.
- Water absorption of large tiles: such as granites and marbles, depends on their sources of production. Special-grade tile adhesive designing for large-size tiles should be used for tiling even they have high water absorption.
- Traditional mortar or standard-grade adhesive is not recommended for fixing low-absorbent and non-absorbent tiles because of the less porosities, which can be the cause of dislodged tiles.
- Specific adhesive with additives providing flexibility and good bonding properties should be used when tiling low-absorbent and non-absorbent tiles.
- Tile adhesive for fixing general tiles weber.tai fix
- High performance tile adhesive weber.tai gres
- Tile adhesive with water-prevention property weber.tai 2-in-1
- High-performance, dustless, light-weight tile adhesive weber.tai maxx
- Tile adhesive with efforescence prevention property weber.tai no stain
- Flexible high performance tile adhesive weber.tai flex
Choose tile adhesive according to application and type of tile
1.FOR ABSORBENT TILE SUCH AS CERAMIC TILE, CLAY TILE
- for absorbent tile and ceramic tile
2.FOR LOW-ABSORBENT OR NON-ABSORBENT TILE
- fixing low-porous and non-porous tile.
- for tiling in swimming pool.
- for fixing on existing tile without removing the tile.
- 2-in-1 which can be used for tiling and to prevent water.
- Ideal for tile-it-yourself in wet areas of your house.
- Suitable for any kinds and sizes of tiles.
- Applicable on cement-based substrate and tile-on-tile application
- Budget saving –being able to lay tiles on 35% more area than normal tile adhesive
- Working environment friendly due to its dustless property
- Sitable to lay tile in swimming pool, to use with porcelain tile, granite, and natural stone and suitable for tile-on-tile application
- Transportation cost saving from being light-weight
3.FOR TILING OF ALL TYPES AND SIZES OF TILES IN HEAVY-TRAFFIC AREAS OR ON EXTERNAL WALLS WHERE FLEXIBILITY IS EXPECTED
- fixing tile onto heavy-traffic areas or the areas subjected to vibration. Ideal for tiling on exterior walls.
- fixing tile on existing-tile substrate without removing any tile.
- fixing tile after primer when on wooden substrate and fiber-cement board.
4.FOR INTERIOR WALL TILING ON SPECIFIC SUBSTRATE SUCH AS WOOD, EXISTING TILE
- Fixing tile and mosaic on interior wall for GENERAL USE e.g.kitchen, living room
- Can be used on cement-based substrate and specific substrate; e.g. wood, cement-fiber board, light-weight concrete, and existing tile.
- Fixing tile and mosaic on interior wall ,ideally for HUMID AREA e.g. bathroom
- Can be used on cement-based substrate and specific substrate; e.g. plaster board, wood, cement-fiber board, light-weight concrete, and existing tile.
5.FOR TILING ON PLASTICS OR METALS
- Can be both adhesive and grout.
- Excellent performance allow excellence bonding comparing with all tile adhesive
- Ideal for tiling onto the area where chemical and acidic resistant properties are required e.g. dairy, food industry, hospital, etc.